Twenty Eight gems at the 100th step...

Monday, July 30, 2012
Yesterday was my 28th Birthday (on the 28th of July) and THIS is my 100th post...
Again one double slamming reason for celebration.

I really had an amazing time yesterday. It was really more than I could dare ask for. Sublime. Really an unforgettable birthday!

For my 100th post I actually wanted to do something different, but really...nothing came to mind.
While showering last night (yes, I tend to get my ideas at the most non convenient moments) I came to the idea of simply posting 28 of the most important things I've learned up until now...

So here goes:

  1. I've learned that YOU need to fight for what you want in life. If you don't do it, nobody's going to do it for you. Nothing's going to just fall in your bosom, you want it? Go get it!;
  2. I've learned that most mistakes CAN be corrected. The mark of the white-out will still be visible, scars will still be there, maybe even a stain as a constant reminder...but the actual mistake won't be no more.;
  3. I've learned that you really never stop missing some people...or at least not for a long long LONG time;
  4. I've learned that whatever we've lost in the course of life, it shouldn't be hope. Even when strength is gone and the courage to persevere is nowhere to be found;
  5. I've learned that we sometimes need to take a risk and do the unexpected in order to discover parts of ourselves we might have never before explored;
  6. I've learned that it is way more important to be your own friend, before trying to befriend anyone else. If you want others to accept you just as you are, start by accepting yourself;
  7. I've learned that change is inevitable, but it is your choice how YOU deal with the changes that take place in your life;
  8. I've learned that people should sometimes stop hiding behind shimmer and shine and just do what they feel in their hearts to be right, in the end you can never please everybody. And there is no need to do so. No matter how hard you try, someone's always going to disagree;
  9. I've learned to stop and cherish each moment. The 29th of July of the year 2012? It will NEVER happen again...and I'm only 28 once in my whole lifetime. Each single minute is valuable;
  10. I've learned that my family is one of the most important bolts in my life; these people help holding my whole existence together;
  11. I've learned that the mind's not always right. Sometimes the mind's too rational, sometimes we should simply follow our hearts;
  12. I've learned that  to trust is an art. Trust's not freely given, we earn trust! And by the way, I believe if real trust is earned it shouldn't be that easy to lose.
  13. I've learned that people need to have solo time every now and than. Hit the cinema on your own? or cozy out in a restaurant with some yummy food and a magazine? Totally re-energized!!
  14. I've learned that love's really a big word, used indeed too often and wayyyy too easily;
  15. I've learned that music is really very similar to a drug. A beautiful melody? Lyrics that speak? A simple good song? Who can really have enough?;
  16. I've learned that a whole world might lie behind one unspoken word. Undiscovered poets, uncaught thieves, unsung heroes, simple nobles, heartless villains, or sometimes a simple unquenchable lover. My advice? speak up if you must;
  17. I've learned that real, meaningful, heartfelt relationships don't come with price tags. Otherwise they would have been too pricey, wouldn't they?;
  18. I've learned that setting great goals mean nothing if you don't intend to move beyond your own boundaries to achieve these goals. Great goals require great guts.
  19. I've learned that we sometimes need to be more willing to help someone out without expecting anything in return;
  20. I've learned that no fancy words are needed  to genuine and sincere;
  21. I've learned that it is more important to have a bouquet adorning my table today than a wreath at my grave;
  22. I've learned that a relationship with God isn't quite necessarily the soap play that people has made it to be nowadays;
  23. I've learned that creativity makes life overall more beautiful and enjoyable;
  24. I've learned that we sometimes need to stop expecting people to give meaning to our definitions. We all have our own definition for beauty, intelligence, stupidity and other behavioral matters. Expecting people to fit in our definitions frustrates us, the relationship and cripples the person somehow;
  25. I've learned that big wars really originate from small meaningless arguments sometimes;
  26. Likewise I've learned that little things can brighten up our whole day. Think of the smile of a little child, a little unexpected note, a hug from a dear one, a simple thank you, an encouragement from someone who matters...;
  27. I've learned that  it takes a mature, responsible and secure person to admit a fault. Small people always try to find something or someone else to blame;
  28. I've learned that when spoken words don't suffice, writing can be a marvelous aid. ( haha ;), sure...ask me about it)

So this was parts of it all...Hope you found something that inspired you. If so, write it down and hang it somewhere you may see it frequently...
And by the way...congrats to you too...for having been through 100 mile stones in the chronicles of a woman named Sy.

I appreciate you mucho! 


Sy

2 comments:

Piso Says:
July 30, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Congrats on the 100th post may there be many 100s more

Unknown Says:
July 30, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Thank you my dear!

Post a Comment