'Cause we're so different; you and I...

Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Tonight I happen to have that syndrome where you're as tired as a mule...but you just can't happen to find the sleep.

Maybe it's my mind...maybe it's too busy with earthly matters that it can't seem to slow down enough in order for me to find dreamland.

Amazingly enough, I've just updated my facebook status with a simple whiff of just one of these topics that's been on my mind... and in just a couple of minutes ppl started reacting.

I just needed to blurt it out, and still it seems as thou just a facebook stat was not enough...it still nibbles inside ...hence, the blogpost.
Thing is, that I personally find it pretty mind disturbing when ppl claim to be different, assume that being different is a medal of honor, but still can't show me they ARE indeed as good as they claim to be...
They can't prove that the advertisement they're doing isn't simply fake propaganda... Scam! BIG FAIL...

They parade everywhere with the name tag and dare shout it from mountain tops.."I-am-DIFFERENT!!" Some dare even slam you with their "Radically Different" board... Insisting to zap you to change...
But my point is, there's NOTHING special about being different. Thanks to the mighty creator...we're all different in our own special ways!
You and I are different, the neighbor's different, the woman in Islam is, and the child in Uganda and so's the young men in Japan and the identical twin born in Russia.
Amaze me instead, using that difference to be a BETTER person. Prove, with your daily actions, that indeed, you're better than I.
And no, I'm not talking about that which you do when the crowd's watching. Or when there's someone around to tell you how wonderful you did. But the issue here is rather that which you do when the lights go off and there's no one to applaud your "show". THAT'S the real difference!

I think being different is totally ok...totally acceptable. As long as you don't preach that your "being different" is better than mine, but live a totally opposite story...
My problem's those people who suddenly think oh-so-much and oh-so-many about being "different" while an out-stander can see no light whatsoever shining through. ZERO (positive) EFFECTS registered with your attitude... And THAT's a MISS! By posting this I claim in no way to be perfect. Not even do I claim that I'm THE DIFFERENCE in no way at all.
But this night I simply stopped to think... And I shared a piece of my mind on this blog...

My dear blog-reader...be ye different! Be ye as different as you can be. As a matter of fact, be ye THE difference if that's what you aspire... But be so in the crowds as well as behind closed doors. With all people equally...no matter what! When they're watching you, and when they're not.
If you know you can't be; drop your facade and get rid of the gag-provoking masquerade.
Quit being such a hypocrite. 'Cuz you're fooling no one but yourself. Besides, you're wasting time and make people who discover your schemes despise you profoundly...


<ON MY MIND>



Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel

0 comments:

Post a Comment