Oh, one can surely do that dance...

Wednesday, September 21, 2011
It’s been said that it takes two to tango... but I say “hey dude, one can do that dance”.
Most people use the above mentioned idiom to denote that it takes more than one person to accomplish a given task.
I must add thou that in a further search about the use of the idiom, the real meaning of it seems to be more on a negative note.
“It takes two to tango is a common idiomatic expression which suggests something in which more than one person or other entity are paired in an inextricably-related and active manner, occasionally with negative connotations” (Source; Wikipedia)
But for this post we’ll take it from the meaning that is mostly given to it, that it takes more than one person to achieve a certain goal. And I am one of those who’d insist in such a case that there is surely an exception to the rule here.
Indeed for some things in life you’ll need help and support from someone else to achieve the end-results. But sometimes it’s merely a matter of starting to do what is in your power and might, and let the rest take care of itself.
Let me give you the following example, someone told me this week that he would have loved to ask me out but that he’s unsure whether I’d accept the invitation. I said, “Asking someone to go out with you is in your hands, their response is not.  Do that which is in your hand, and leave the rest to faith.”
Now his point is that it doesn’t only depend on faith, but mostly on my will and desires (as being the person to tango with). That’s why he wants to wait and see if he’ll see any spark of interest before really popping the question or moving in... ABSURD!!!
Now, to make it clear in this case, I might have said yes if he’d actually ASK (and not suggest). Even thou I’ll probably just keep it there...a “first date”. (notice: the cursive “might”)
But  what I want to make clear is, there’s no use in WAITING for someone to tango with, start dancing your part and let the other (me in this case) do her part. Or if you specifically want someone to tango with you, ask that person to allow you this dance. Even thou it takes two to tango, one needs to actually take the initiative...
To make my point clear, you don’t have to wait upon people to start any dance in your life.  If you specifically need/want someone to do this tango with, you need to take the initiative to ask them to tango. Nevertheless there are some dances you’ll need to do alone. Sometimes you’ll start alone and the dance floor will slowly fill up while you’re at it, and sometimes you’ll simply start and finish the whole dance completely on your own. But that doesn’t have to keep you from dancing. If an urge comes in you to tango and no one “tagoes” along, than my dear blog-reading friend...(to my opinion) you can just tango on your own!

0 comments:

Post a Comment