My "relationship" with... (And another special announcement))

Tuesday, June 26, 2012
I know some of you were drawn here only by the title of the post. HA! Well, I'm very pleased to announce that this very post is about nothing else but my "relationship" with salamanders.
It's important thou to mention that this is more of a hate relationship than it is about love.
(Sigh) I detest them!!! I find them utterly repugnant!!! And somehow these days they've been appearing CONSTANTLY in my bathroom...


Like this morning; just about to hit the showers I saw something move quickly under the bathroom sink. I held my breath and stepped in the shower curling my toes and feeling a cold breeze going down my spine as I lowered my head to see what it was. And yes, mr. salamander quickly ran up the wall and back down again in no time. I stretched my hand and closed the lid of the toilet...If anything, I'm stepping on it!! (As if the animal didn't just climb THE WALL...pshh)
My heart sank...and I almost started crying. If I only knew it was there I would have gone to the other bathroom instead... But now I'm stuck...half naked in the bathroom with a salamander.
I once again held my breath, balled my fists and tiptoed out of the bathroom as quick as I could.
Now what?!?!?! I need to shower to get to work...and I wasn't particularly on time...
So I decided the animal needed to be killed!! I grabbed some insecticide and went back to the bathroom with movements similar to those the police would make in an action movie when doing a raid.
Luckily enough it disappeared...so I had the chance to tiptoe back in the bathroom (looking around), take a shower and then tiptoe back out.
E-ve-rything was going well...until mid-makeup I saw something move again. This time the insecticide was right beside me, so I picked it up and emptied the can on the salamander. Surprised by the obstruction of oxygen I guess...it decided to run towards me. Now, I don't know if it was running to me for help or if he was just trying to attack me; to me it looked like the latter. So there I was, jumping like a mad puppet...covered in goosebumps...and again I felt like crying as the salamander ran straight towards my direction.
After delivering it some more puffs of what was left in the insecticide can (to "calm it down" and divert the direction in which he was heading), the salamander struggled its way to  a rug on my floor and crept underneath it. I wanted it to die right away!!! But seeing the amount of insecticide I wasted on it...it wouldn't have a chance to live anyways. So I tiptoed around finishing my make-up and picking up my things to go to work; all the while keeping an eye on the rug. Time came to leave. And I decided to leave the animal to die in "peace"...I'll take him out when I come back from work. In the end it at least deserved the time to say its last prayers.
Back from work I thought of ways to bribe my little brother into lifting the rug. But in the end, imagining how he'd laugh his butt off at my silliness I decided I'd have to finish the job myself. So I approached the rug with curled toes, breathing quicker than normal and shivering all over my body... I slowly lifted the rug with a broomstick...


NOTHING.

Pushed the broomstick underneath it, lifted it up and shook the rug to see if the corpse will fall out (all the while havint all these unrealistic scenarios playing in my head; of the animal attacking me or something and so on)....but NADA... NULLITY ( In my head, chaos broke loose and I paralyzed.)
The salamanders has vanished!!! :( I looked around and I still can't see the slightest glimpse of it. Whyyyyyy?? Why? Why? Whyyyyyy?? Why meee??? (Sy makes a crying sound)
Dead or alive (probably dead)...I don't know where it is...and I'm freaking out!!!

But anyways....

On a complete other note... (the other important announcement of course)

My brother's personal website has finally been launched!!! (Sy does a very weird happy dance and grins widely)
SOOOO PROUD OF HIM!
And of course I want to share the joy with you.
You can visit his website anytime and admire his impressive artwork. (I know that sounded kind of boastful..but (ahem) I have reasons to boast here hehehehehe)

Share the amazing art with your friends and fam, contact him (my brother) if you have any questions and enjoy the truth behind every art piece which can all relate with...
(You can also like him on Facebook and follow him on twitter if you'd like to stay up to date)

This is his latest Piece of Art named ITSaGirl. Done live in the past weekend at RouteDuNord 2012
It gives me such a warm feeling inside...the deepness of this piece...aaaaaahhh



CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE WEBSITE:
www.francissling.com

Hmmmm...ok...that was everything for now. (Actually there's more, but the post will become too long)
Lemme go chek again if I can find any trace of the salamander before it turns dark.
(Sigh) who would believe I have thissss much "love" for those animals...

0 comments:

Post a Comment